Summer is winding down, kids are heading back to school, and sports, clubs, and other activities are starting up again. As the new school year begins, now is the perfect time to think about your estate plan. Respected personal finance publication Kiplinger recently shared five important reasons to establish an estate plan:
1. Maintain control over what happens to your assets after you pass away.
2. Minimize the negative impact your death could have on a business you own.
3. Prevent information about your assets from becoming public after you die.
4. Prepare in advance for an unforeseen disability.
5. Take inventory of your finances to plan for the future both during your lifetime and after your death.
Click here to read further.